This is the account of how my wife was affected by mercury poisoning:
It started some years ago with symptoms ranging from unexplained anxiety, palpitations, struggling to breathe, light headedness and in the final stages of my illness, pins and needless over my body, my left arm and leg became very weak and I would feel as if I were going to pass out and then suddenly I would catch my breath and come to. Sleeping became impossible – as if the switch over from day to night was not being allowed to happen, as if I was on high alert all the time, and just as I’d fall asleep, I would feel an electric shock go through my body and jolt me awake again. This happened over and over all night. My body would ache, I felt Flu like symptoms and I would have muscle spasms and twitches in my arms and legs. I was swollen and bloated on my face, arms and legs. At times I was sure I was going mad!
I went from specialist to specialist, to check out the heart, the kidneys the endocrine system – you name it we checked it. According to doctors I suffered with anxiety and medication was prescribed. This ranged from anxiety medication, Beta blockers, anti depressants and blood pressure medication. None of these helped, I still had the anxiety, the blood pressure was high and the palpitations were getting worse. The closest any doctor came to getting the diagnosis right was that it sounded like a toxin/poisoning of sorts. But what? I ate and drank the same things my family members did, it didn’t make sense. Eventually after feeling very sick, frustrated and desperate for an answer we started to look at alternative medicine and consulted a homeopath. He very quickly established that this sounded like the work of a “Heavy Metal” (In my case the heavy metal being Mercury) in my system. This was all very new to me I had never heard of such a thing. I underwent a Challenge Test which is basically urine sample done in a very specific way which was sent to a Lab in Pretoria, the only type of facility in our country that does this specific type of testing, and waited desperately for 5 weeks for it to come back. It showed high amounts of Mercury in my system and the only possible source was the 14 Silver amalgams/fillings in my mouth.
We did endless research on the Internet about mercury amalgams and it turns out that these fillings are highly toxic. The amalgams give off mercury vapour 24-7 and especially when you eat or drink something hot, or when you brush them, or crunch on nuts or course food. Over a period of time these vapours settle in the body, especially in the organs and brain, and eventually cause failure. The most vulnerable organs are affected first and the associated symptoms start to appear. Dentists/doctors are aware of this but there is a world-wide campaign to keep this under cover to avoid the unprecedented legal repercussions. The World Dental Assoc. doesn’t want to admit to it and the most they’ve done is last year was put out a warning that the Mercury/Silver fillings are safe, but just not for children and pregnant women. They deny the dangers of amalgam fillings, yet dentists use specialists in masked uniforms that collect the discarded fillings from their practices in sealed containers and disposed of it very carefully.
As a last-bid attempt to find the cure I had all of my fillings removed and replaced with resin fillings five months ago. That in itself is quite a procedure and there are only a few specialist dentists around that have the special equipment to minimise the ingestion of mercury in the removal process. Then you undergo a process called chelation treatment which involves an intravenous solution that absorbs the mercury from the organs into the blood stream. The kidneys initially take strain as they filter it out of the body. The symptoms actually get worse before they get better.
Within weeks I started feeling better and now, five months later I am 95% cured of all my symptoms. Admittedly in the beginning of this journey I couldn’t for the life of me come to grips that my fillings could have such an effect on my system but looking back now and having the knowledge that I have of these silver fillings I am convinced that it was indeed the best thing I could have done for my health. Whether you are sensitive to this heavy metal or not no one should be having these silver fillings in their mounts, THEY ARE TOXIC!!
To summarise, these were my symptoms:
- High blood pressure and on medication for more than 10 years
- Under active thyroid and on medication for more than 3 years
- Fibromalgia – specifically in the hips
- Vertigo and extreme fear of heights
- Unexplained pancreatitis
- Sleep apnoea
- Mild depression
- Bad panic attacks
- Kidney pains
- Confusion, forgetfulness and fogginess
- Shaking hands and muscle spasms in the legs
- Numbness in fingertips and gums
- Constant palpitations
- Totally off blood pressure medication – BP 120/80
- Totally off thyroid medication – all levels sub-clinical
- Occasional and mild joint pains – recently walked up table mountain to celebrate
- Very average fear of heights and keen to try Knysna tree-top adventure
- No subsequent symptoms of pancreatic disorders
- 95% better quality of sleep
- Happier than ever
- No symptoms of panic attacks
- No kidney pains
- Absolute clarity of mind
- No shaking or muscle spasms
- No numbness
- Occasional and mild palpitations